The Youth Forum is a group of young people representing our each of our groups and units, who work together to improve scouting in our district.
Activities undertaken within the forum may include:
- ensuring the views of young people within our groups are represented at a district level
- contributing to discussions and decisions relating to current and futures activities within the district
- working together to solve common issues within the district
- supporting the planning and delivery of district events for groups
- developing personal leadership, problem solving and communication skills to support the work of the forum.
We are currently developing the forum, starting with a Scout Section representative from each group, an Explorer Scout representative, a Young Leader representative and Scout Top Award/DofE representative. The intention is to extend this to Cub Section representatives next year and Beaver Section representatives the year after.
FinlayDistrict Youth Commissioner
As District Youth Commissioner, Finlay leads the Youth Forum and makes sure they are involved in all levels of decision-making within the district, giving all young people, in all groups, a voice in what we do now and the direction where going in as a district.